The miracle of darsan of a saint

The miracle of darsan of a saint

Earlier, I had thought the only pursuit of the life is indulgence in sex. I could not imagine even in my wildest dream that I could live without a woman. I had already married twice. But when my second wife expired, when I was 51 year old, I looked for marrying an 18-year-old girl. Fortunately, I went to have darsan of Sri Lilasahji Bapu at Disa ashram. When I reached the ashram, he was not there. On opening the door of Mahrishi's hut, I saw a majestic divine figure with radiant face. His eyes were so brilliantly sparkling with yogic power that I could not gaze at him. I looked down at his holy feet and heard his nectarine words, "At this age you want to marry with a bag of flesh and bones?" Pointing his finger upwards to sky, he continued, "Now I will get you married with Him." I was startled to hear it all. I went home. But surprisingly, I found that the sexual craving disappeared, the fire of passion had been extinguished. I informed my brothers and other members of my family that I was not going to marry. At first they thought that I was joking. But when they learnt of my firm decision, they left no stone untumed to deflect me from my resolve. As a last resort they locked me up in a room with the 18-years old girl who was going to be married to me, in the hope that this might make me change my decision.

In the normal course, when alone with a young girl, it would have been natural for me to talk to her, to touch her. But again I was surprised. I did touch her with the intent of arousing my sexual desire, but all in vain, as if the key to my sexual urge was with that saint I had earlier met.

He was unknown to me. We had not met earlier. How was he able to read my thoughts? What was in that laser- sharp glance (of his) that burnt my libido? A young woman and a man locked in a room all by themselves, is like keeping fire and petrol together. It was nothing less than a miracle that the sex impulse, which even the Yogis at times are not able to control, had become virtually nonexistent (pacified) within me; an ordinary human being, just due to the power of a saint's grace-filled glance. I firmly believed he is God incarnate in human form. At that very moment, I resolved to be always under the protective wings of his grace.

I immediately made the girl my sister, gave her some money and sent her back with her mother, and I accepted that saint as my Gurudev. I shifted to the ashram and stayed with him. I practiced sadhanas, under his guidance and I got rid of many chronic ailments. My obesity was controlled. There was notable loss in my body weight. Later I lived in his vicinity at Sabarmati Ashram (Sant Sri Asaramji Ashram) and advanced in Yoga.

After sometime, another miraculous event took place in my life. For some work, I went to Disa ashram and overstayed there. Days went by and I could not make up my mind to return to Sabarmati Ashram, One day when I was strolling in morning, I had a vision of Gurudev walking ahead of me. I rushed to prostrate myself at his feet but suddenly the figure vanished. I understood the message and went to Sabarmati Ashram. Later on I learned that had he not called me back in time through his vision, I would have experienced a great downfall. I have had a number of such miraculous experiences. I have taken a final refuge at his feet. That great saint, my Gurudev is Sant Sri Asaramji Maharaj. What he has done for me cannot be repayed even I offer him all my material wealth.

I also know of a number of other devotees who have been saved by his divine grace. I am convinced that the miraculous feats in the lives of truly great saints are not mere myths. Such a saint is alive amongst us and thousands of aspirants are being uplifted and transformed through his touch, glance and guidance.



- Mahant Sri Chandiram

Sant Sri Asaramji Ashram

Sabarmati, Ahmedabad

Gujarat, India.

No comments: