Experiences of Sublimation through grace

Experiences of Sublimation through grace

A Sadhak whom I shall not name, confided to me, "Swamiji, earlier I was not able to stay away from my wife. I was so much obsessed with sex. But now with your grace I do not indulge in sex for even six months as the lust does not compel me to do so."

Another gentle man visits the ashram regularly. His wife complained that Swamiji has cast a magic spell on my husband. Please stop my husband from visiting the ashram. Why should one stop somebody from visiting an ashram? But she told its reason to the people, who told me. She said, "Previously we used to sleep together in the same bed. Now he sleeps in a separate bed. I wish he goes to the movies, and spend time with his former friends and behaves normally. Earlier he paid heed to me and my needs; but now......."

What a sign of misfortune! She seemed to say, "It does not matter if my husband goes to perition and his life is ruined. All that matters is that he should be under my control. He should become a puppet in my hands. That is the selfish and sordid face of worldly love. There is hardly 5% of real love in it, the rest of the 95% is lust, attachment and selfishness. Unluckily attachment, in the guise of love, leads us to downfall and degradation."

In the above case, Swamiji (myself) did not cast any magic spell on the man. That man received the yogic sakti transmitted by me during saktipata. His sexual energy was sublimated. So he got above sexual desires and enjoyed inner joy of meditation. After receiving nectar, who would look for sewage water? Even an idiotic fool would not hanker after disgustible, degrading sexual pleasure if he were enabled to enjoy pure inner joy of Brahmacharya.

For ordinary people, this seems like a great miracle but there is nothing miraculous in it. It is nothing for the saints versed in the science of Yoga. Science of Yoga is subtler and more powerful than the physical science. The glory of satsang or association with the enlightened saints is indescribable. Even a moment's company with saints is quite sufficient to overhaul the old vicious Samskaras of the people. They can easily observe Brahmacharya without any personal efforts.

No comments: